Our service includes:
- Visually inspect A/C components
- Run performance test including
- System state of charge test
- System control test Perform leak test using approved electronic leak detector If a slow leak cannot be detected, a dye detection service may need to be performed
- air conditioning evacuation and recharge
Auto air conditioning is an air conditioning system that is specifically designed to provide climate control for the interior of an automobile. Before the introduction of air conditioning in automobiles, the only standard method of cooling the interior was to open the windows. Auto air conditioning creates a much more comfortable environment for the passengers of a vehicle.
Auto air conditioning works in a similar fashion as other forms of air conditioning systems. Heat naturally wants to move from a higher concentration to a lower concentration until there is a state of equilibrium. This is a principle known as heat transfer. Contrary to popular belief, an air conditioner does not actually work by cooling air, but rather by removing heat and humidity from the air.
Regardless of the specifics of a design, vehicle air conditioners are sealed, pressurized systems that generally consists of a compressor, condenser, and evaporator. A compressor is a pump that circulates the refrigerant through the air conditioning system. It also compresses or pressurizes the refrigerant; which heats it up, converting it to a vapor.